Get involved: send your pictures and news by texting Hillingdon Times to 80360, or email us
Injunction sought over topless pics
Lawyers for the Royal family will go to court on Monday seeking damages and an injunction against further publication of topless photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge, a St James's Palace spokesman said.
The legal action aims to prevent further publication against French Closer magazine's parent company.
Closer is published by the Mondadori media group which also publishes Italian gossip magazine Chi - which has promised a 26-page special edition featuring images of the royal couple on holiday, but the palace said no decision has been taken on separate legal proceedings in Italy.
The case will begin in Paris in the afternoon and is expected to be held in public.
The palace spokesman said: "The court hearing is in France tomorrow when the official proceedings will start at a court in Paris as the papers have been served.
"It is the first airing and we will be seeking an injunction from them using the pictures and it will lead to a longer court case where damages will be sought."
French Closer, which is run by a different company from the British version, caused outrage earlier this week when it published the images of the couple enjoying private holiday moments at Chateau d'Autet, near Aix-en-Provence.
The decision was roundly condemned but did not put off the Irish Daily Star carrying the images, much to its owners' and the palace's fury.
The Duchess's distress was increased when Chi said it would publish more images of the pair on holiday.
Alfonso Signorini, the editor of Chi, which is owned by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, said: "The fact that these are the future rulers of England makes the article more interesting and topical."