LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1857462
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of Transport for London hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas main replacement works and because the works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 28 September 2020 with works expected to take 1 month to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily in>
? Matlock Crescent close the road at its junction with Abbotts Road;
? Abbotts Road introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' including suspension of parking bays between Nos. 56 to 78 on both sides of the road.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via Abbotts Road, St Dunstan's Hill, Gander Green Lane, Windsor Avenue, Matlock Crescent and vice versa.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 24 September 2020 Mervyn Bartlett
Group Manager - Highways and Transportation