SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY BANNED TURN AND TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS - GREENFORD ROADNotice ID: WAT0402497
SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY BANNED TURN AND TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS - GREENFORD ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Greenford Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and shall be operational from 08:00hrs on 11th December 2017 and shall remain in effect until 15th January 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 15th December 2017.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading on Greenford Road;
(a) The south-east side, between a point opposite the southern boundary of No. 42 Greenford Road and a point 0.40 metres south-west of a point opposite the south-western wall of No.51 Greenford Road;
(b) The north-west side, between a point opposite the boundary wall of Nos. 41 and 43 Greenford Road and a point 2.00 metres north-east of a point opposite the south-western wall of No. 59 Greenford Road.
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from turning right into 'Greenford Road Estate' from Greenford Road.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 or 3 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
Dated 7th December 2017
Head of Parking & Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA