SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFICNotice ID: WAT0707198
SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC
(TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - GORDON ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Gordon Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and would be operational between 09:00hrs and 17:00hrs on 30th July 2018 and would remain in effect until 1st September 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 1 st August 2018.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from entering or exiting Gordon Road, between its junctions with Cecil Road and Wolseley Road.
3. Vehicles would be prohibited from waiting or loading on Cecil Road;
(a) The north side, between a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 10/12a and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 24/26;
(b) The south side, between a point opposite the south-eastern boundary wall of No. 9 and the south-eastern boundary wall of No. 25.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 or 3 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route;
westbound via High Street, Wealdstone, right into George Gange Way, right into Palmerston Road, left into High Street, Wealdstone, right into Ellen Webb Drive, right into Cecil Road;
eastbound via Cecil Road, ahead into Tudor Road, right into Graham Road and right into Wolseley Road.
Dated 12th July 2018
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management,
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA