GREENFORD ROAD - SUDBURY URBAN VILLAGE The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 72) Traffic Order 2018Notice ID: WAT0747168
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW GREENFORD ROAD - SUDBURY URBAN VILLAGE The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 72) Traffic Order 2018
The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No. 42) Traffic Order 2018 The Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) (Amendment No. 1) Traffic Order 2018
The Harrow (Loading Places) (Amendment No. 3) Traffic Order 2018 The Harrow (Motorcylce Parking Places) Traffic Order 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow has made the above mentioned orders under Sections 6, 7, 45, 46, 47, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the orders are to make minor amendments to existing traffic orders as a result of alterations following the Sudbury Garden Village highway scheme, thus ensuring existing traffic order schedules are updated.
3. The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 72) Traffic Order 2018, provides at any time loading restrictions on both sides of Greenford Road, between the boundary with the London Borough of Ealing and the junction with South Vale. This excludes where parking places are provided or existing controlled areas such as pedestrian crossings and bus stop clearways.
4. The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No. 42) Traffic Order 2018 updates the existing traffic order schedules for existing pay and display parking places in Greenford Road. The proposed two pay and display parking places outside Nos. 163 and 165 Greenford Road were abandoned due to TfL demanding the bus stop clearway be retained. The three parking places outside Nos. 146 to 150 Greenford Road were reduced to two spaces.
5. The Harrow (Free Parking Places)(Disabled Persons)(Amendment No. 1) Traffic Order 2018 makes minor adjustments to the length and location of the existing disabled parking place outside No. 159 Greenford Road.
6. The Harrow (Loading Places) (Amendment No. 3) Traffic Order 2018 removed a loading bay from outside No. 127 Greenford Road. The proposed loading bay in Cavendish Avenue was abandoned.
7. The Harrow (Motorcylce Parking Places) Traffic Order 2018 removes a motorcycle parking place on the corner of the junction of Greenford Road and South Vale. The order also revokes and consolidates The Harrow (Motorcylce Parking Places) Traffic Order 2008, and all its subsequent amendment orders, with no material change to those orders.
8. The restrictions referred to in this notice shall not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the Council or in certain circumstances, such as the picking up or setting down of passengers, or the carrying out of statutory powers or duties. The usual exemption relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge" shall apply.
9. A copy of the orders, which will come into operation on 13th August 2018, including documents giving more particulars of the orders, are available for inspection at request between 9am and 5pm, Mondays to Fridays at the One Stop Shop at the Civic Centre, until 6 weeks from the date on which the orders were made.
10. If any person wishes to question the validity of the orders or their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the Act or of any instrument made under the Act has not been complied with, that person may, within six weeks of the date on which the order is made, apply for the purpose to the High Court. A copy of this notice may be viewed at www.harrow.gov.uk/trafficorders or by scanning the QR code below.
Dated 9th August 2018 David Eaglesham
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA