WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCILNotice ID: SUT0766691
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004:-
■ The Wandsworth (Car Club Permit) (Parking Places) (No.') Order 2018
? The Wandsworth (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) (No.*) Order 2018
? The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Amendment No.*) Order 2018
? The Wandsworth (Earlsfield) (Parking Places) (No.*) Order 2018
? The Wandsworth (Wandsworth Common) (Parking Places) (No.*) Order 2018
2. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, in pursuance of section 90C of the Highways Act 1980, as amended, that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to construct, as part of new traffic calming measures for the Quietways 4 programme
a new raised table in Magdalen Road, from a point 3.5 metres north-east of the north-eastern kerb-line of Tilehurst Road, northeastwards for a distance of 9 metres, and with an overall height of 75 millimetres.
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, in pursuance of section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to install a new zebra crossing in Magdalen Road, 56 metres north-east of the junction with Openview. There would be 5 zig-zag markings on both the south-western and north-eastern approaches. The overall length of the crossing, including the width of the zebra crossing (being 5 metres wide) and the zig-zag markings would be 26 metres. The associated zig-zag markings would prohibit all vehicles from stopping or waiting at any time for any reason. The Council proposes to install the crossing on a raised table under Section 90C of the Highways Act 1980, located from a point 93 metres south-west of a point opposite the south-western kerb-line of Fieldview, south-westwards for a distance of 11 metres, and with an overall height of 75 millimetres.
4. The general effect of the Orders would be to make certain amendments to the parent Orders so as to bring them in line with the on-street layout.
5. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the zebra crossing, raised table and proposed Orders are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays at The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 8210.
7. Any person wishing to object to the proposed Orders or make a representation about the raised table should send a statement in writing of their objection / representation and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference W/ECS/ TMO/1648b) by 13th September 2018.
Dated 23rd August 2018
Town Hall PAUL MARTIN
Wandsworth Chief Executive