WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL DOVER HOUSE ROAD PROPOSED BAN ON OVERTAKING & NEW ZEBRA CROSSINGNotice ID: SUT1041348
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
DOVER HOUSE ROAD PROPOSED BAN ON OVERTAKING & NEW ZEBRA CROSSING
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Order under Section 6 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985:-
The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. *) Order 2019
2. The general effect of the Order would be to ban vehicles, travelling in a southward direction on Dover House Road, from overtaking other vehicles in Dover House Road, at its junction with Crestway, from approximately the common boundary of Nos. 230 and 232 Dover House Road to approximately 4 metres south of the junction.
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, in pursuance of section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, thai the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to install a new zebra crossing in Dover House Road at the location described below. The associated zig-zag markings will prohibit all vehicles from stopping or waiting at any time for any reason.
4. The zebra crossing will be installed approximately 25.5 metres north of the northern kerb-line of Crestway. There will be 2 zigzag markings on the northern approach and 6 zig-zag markings on the southern approach. The overall length of the crossing, including the width of the zebra crossing (being 2.4 metres wide) and the zig-zag markings would be 22.2 metres.
5. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Order and zebra crossing are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays at The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Order is made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Order.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
7. Any person wishing to object to the proposed Order should send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference W/ECS/ TMO1710) by 22nd March 2019.
Dated 1st March 2019
The Town Hall Paul Martin
Wandsworth Chief Executive