Three men have been convicted of obstructing the entrance tunnel to Heathrow Airport.

The three men were all sentenced at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court on Thursday, 18 May having been found guilty two days earlier.

They are Simon Bramwell, 45, of The Old Common, Chalford, Stroud, Daniel Keeler, 35 of Mutchett's Yard Watford and Stuart Basden, 34, of Briavels Grove, St Werburghs, Bristol.

Two other people, Geneieve Scherer and Nil Agger, had previously pleaded guilty in connection with the incident.

The court heard that on Tuesday, 21 February at approximately 8.25am , the suspects blocked the inbound tunnel - Tunnel Road East - into the central terminal area for Heathrow Airport.

Basden and Agger, who had both hired cars, drove into the tunnel behind a car that Keeler was driving.

All three vehicles were stopped in the tunnel before Bramwell, Keeler and Scherer used metal piping and quick dry expanding foam to lock themselves onto the engine of one of the vehicles; making it impossible to remove them without specialist cutting device.

When he was released Keeler had to be taken to hospital because of the expanding foam still attached to his arm.

The blockade caused considerable disruption to those who were attempting to access the airport, both to work and those who were intending to travel, for most of the morning.

Superintendent Andy Jones, from the Met's Aviation Policing Command, said: "Whilst we will always support lawful protest as being the right of anyone who lives in this country - there was nothing lawful about this protest. It was selfish, they put their desire to be heard above everything else and gave no consideration to the impact it would have on others."

Basden was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay costs as well as a sum to fund victim services. Bramwell and Keeler were both given a 12-month conditional discharge and to pay a sum to fund victim services.

Nil Agger, 23, of Gables Farm, Hazlecote Lane, Stroud pleaded guilty on Wednesday, 19 April at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court and was ordered to pay a fine and costs as well as a sum to fund victim services.

Geneieve Scherer, 70, of Leppoc Road, Lambeth pleaded guilty on Wednesday, 8 March and was given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay costs as well as a sum to fund victim services.