A driver whose car was wrecked when a police car crashed into it said he received little help from emergency services.

Ravi Shah, 32, from Stanmore, who had minor injuries at the time, said despite the crash, he was not treated like a victim.

The crash happened when the 32-year-old was driving to The Gym in Pinner Road, North Harrow last Monday (January 13) at around 10.45pm.

He was waiting at the traffic lights at the crossing of Station Road when a police car responding to an emergency call crashed into the front of his grey Ford Focus.

Metropolitan Police previously said the two officers and the driver “were treated for shock and minor injuries”.

But Mr Shah insists that although the two police officers were treated by medical professionals, he was not until after 20 to 30 minutes after the accident.

And despite being in a state of shock, he was not asked about his wellbeing, he claimed. Instead, he was questioned by police.

Hillingdon Times:

An upclose look to the car damage (Photo: Ravi Shah)

He said: “I was in the designated ‘turn right’ bay moving from Station Road to Pinner Road, when the unmarked police vehicle crashed into me and shifted the car on impact.

“The police car then went into metal barriers on the pavement – luckily there was no one there otherwise they would have been run over.”

Mr Shah said: “Witnesses tried to help me after, but the police dragged me away to take my details and question me.

“Within 20 minutes of the collision I was breathalysed for drugs and alcohol instead – I was in the clear.”

Hillingdon Times:

Photo: Ravi Shah

While he is understanding of police conducting their procedure, he said he felt he was not a “priority” as he says emergency services only tended to the two police officers injured and did not check on the condition of Mr Shah at all.

He added: “Once I was able to come out of the vehicle I was not seen by any medical professional, neither was I asked about my wellbeing despite being in a complete state of shock and trauma for the entirety of the incident.

“It became very clear that they (ambulance services) had arrived solely to provide medical assistance to the police officers in the other crashed vehicle.

“I had a minor concussion, nothing serious, but why was it that when I asked paramedics to check over me, they didn’t do anything?”

Hillingdon Times:

The unmarked police car was damaged and drove onto the pavement (Photo: Ravi Shah)

To ensure he did not sustain any alarming or life-threatening injuries, he visited Northwick Park Hospital with a friend for a head scan. At around midnight, he was assured his injuries were only minor.

Mr Shah described his recollection of how emergency services acted as “unequal treatment” and was angered to not receive a police reference number, details of the other driver or any official record of the accident.

An official complaint has been issued to the Metropolitan Police complaints board, and a spokesperson has confirmed the complaint is being investigated.