FOUR engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a blaze at the Prince of Wales pub in Harlington Road, Hillingdon, last night (16).

Part of the loft was damaged, but there were no reports of injuries.

The alarm was raised when smoke was seen coming through the roof.

Crews searched the building and evacuated three people from the first floor. Around 20 others had left before the brigade arrived.

The alarm was raised at 8.53pm and the fire was under control by 10.34. Crews from Hillingdon, Hayes and Heathrow attended.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical lighting fault between the plasterboard and roof tiles.