A MAN was convicted of manslaughter on Friday (18) after accidentally firing a sub-machine gun and killing a car passenger in Harlington.

The jury at Isleworth Crown Court heard how Mohamed Muhyidin, 28, was shot and killed in October last year as he sat in the front seat outside a flat in the High Street.

His body was then driven and dumped by the side of the road in Sipson Lane.

Det Insp Lucy Carberry said Muhyidin was killed by Chiragh Chiragh as they sat in the car.

“What they were doing in this car remains up for debate, although any plans were soon derailed by the shooting,” she added.

“This set off a chain of events that would lead down a completely different path for those involved.

“Mohamed’s body was dumped and the car was set alight as those involved desperately tried to cover their tracks.”

The flat where the car had been parked was used as a base for drug dealing.

Chiragh and another man, Mohammed Shakeel, were there with Muhyidin and a 17-year-old.

During the evening, there was an argument involving others at the flat, which resulted in Shakeel brandishing an imitation firearm.

An agitated Chiragh produced a sub-machine gun while Shakeel is believed to have continued carrying the imitation pistol.

At around 4.45am, Chiragh left the flat and joined Muhyidin in the car outside. It was at this moment that he fired the gun, hitting the other man, who was in the seat directly in front.

The car was driven to Sipson Lane by Chiragh and the body dumped by the roadside.

The vehicle was abandoned in West Drayton, close to where the 17-year-old lived, and later set on fire in Trout Lane.

A passing taxi spotted the body in Sipson Lane and called an ambulance.

Analysis of mobile phones and CCTV footage enabled police to build a picture of events.

Det Insp Carberry added: “Chiragh may not have intended to harm Mohamed Muhiyidin but it is clear that he, and his associates, were intent on harming someone that day. All played their part in this tragic story.”

Chiragh, 39, of Harrow. was found guilty of manslaughter and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.

Shakeel, 29, from Barking was found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

A 17-year-old had pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice at an earlier hearing.

All three will be sentenced in February.