Manny Duku went from hero to villain as Hayes and Yeading lost ground in the race for the BetVictor Southern League South playoffs with a 2-1 defeat to Poole Town on Tuesday night.

The Dutch striker netted the equaliser for the home side after captain Liam McDevitt turned the ball into his own net to give the Dolphins the advantage, before being shown his marching orders in the second half.

The ten men could not hold out for a point against Tom Killick’s side, as centre back Jamie Whisken got his head onto a Corby Moore free-kick, to see the visitors leave with all three points.

It was a disappointing result for Paul Hughes’ men, who went into the fixture full of confidence after Saturday’s 5-0 defeat of the league’s bottom-side Dorchester Town.

The hosts were ahead within 90 seconds at the weekend, as Duku rose highest to glance in a Scott Donnelly set-piece, before the Magpies’ Ben Rowthorn saw red midway through the first period for a late lunge on McDevitt.

United made the most of their man advantage with three more goals before the interval, with Toby Little and Hassan Jalloh both finding the net, as well as Jamie Laird scoring an own goal.

The Hayes onslaught continued through the second half, with visiting goal keeper Shane Murphy producing a man of the match performance to keep the score line respectable, with Duku the only man to beat him in the second period.

Hayes remain six points behind fifth-placed Taunton Town in the race for the playoffs, and face Weston Super-Mare on Saturday, who are also in the hunt at the top of the table.

Uxbridge climbed back into the playoff places in the BetVictor Isthmian South Central Division as Mahlondo Martin scored direct from a corner in a 2-1 win against Barking on Tuesday.

A Joe Bruce own goal had put the Reds ahead just after the break, before Barking equalised as Michael Dixon lobbed goalkeeper Paul McCarthy five minutes later.

Both sides had chances to win the game as the second-half progressed, and just as it looked like the points would be shared Martin’s set-piece evaded everybody to nestle in the net.

Martin also netted in Uxbridge’s 5-0 demolition of basement side Ashford Town on Saturday, as he finished off the scoring in a comfortable victory.

A brace from Jack Beadle put the visitors 2-0 to the good at the Robert Parker Stadium, before Mark Bitmead and Callum Bunting netted in quick succession, the former being from the spot.

Uxbridge now sit just four points behind table toppers Westfield, although they have played a game more than the leaders.

Hillingdon Borough saw their Middlesex Premier Cup clash with Bedfont and Feltham postponed on Tuesday night, but they did get a priceless 2-0 victory away at Enfield Borough on Saturday.

After a goalless first half, the Hillmen took the lead just after the hour mark, as substitute Mat Bilof’s cross was diverted into his own net by Enfield’s Frank Chandler.

A second wasn’t far behind for the visitors, as Rinidie Lokilo netted a second two minutes later to see Ciprian Pintilie’s men increase the gap to Spartan South Midlands League Division One bottom side Park View to 12 points.