Hayes and Yeading United kept their play-off hopes alive with a 2-0 win away from home against Yate Town.

Two goals in the first half from Francis Amartey ended up being enough for the visitors, although they could have scored won by an even bigger margin.

In a frenetic opening five minutes, Omar Rowe burst through but was denied by Yate keeper Adam Forster, before Karl Cunningham had an effort cleared off the line by Sam Boulton.

Amartey fired Hayes in front in the 24th minute, holding off a challenge and firing across the keeper after a clever pass from Manny Duku.

And it was ten minutes later that Amartey sealed the win, again assisted by Duku, by rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home from a tight angle.

The chances kept coming for Hayes as Amartey was denied a hat-trick by the feet of Forster, before Rowe missed an open goal from Duku’s cross late on.

Nevertheless, a comfortable win for Hayes, which makes it four on the trot, and leaves them sixth in the Southern Premier South, one point off the play-offs as it stands.

Uxbridge kept their own playoff challenge alive as they moved to third in the Isthmian South-Central Division with a hard-fought 1-0 win away at Harlow Town.

Mark Bitmead made the decisive impact, his free-kick ten minutes into the second half proving the difference between the two sides.

Uxbridge will be pleased with their defensive effort in what was a scrappy game at times, as Harlow struggled to carve out any clear chances to equalise.

Uxbridge started the brighter side, with Callum Bunting heading over from ten yards ten minutes in.  

Bunting had a couple more chances before half-time, heading Bitmead’s cross wide of the post before striking high over the bar from 25 yards out.

For all their pressure it took Uxbridge until early in the second half to test the Harlow goalkeeper, with Jack Beadle’s shot saved by Arthur Janata.

But two minutes later, when James Mulley was tripped 25 yards out, Bitmead was able to take advantage, putting his low free-kick under the wall and into the bottom corner.

Harlow woke up after falling behind, as Tayo Oyebola wide of the far post before goal keeper Paul McCarthy pushed a header around the post.

But ultimately, Harlow offered very little threat across the 90 minutes and once Uxbridge were in front, they never looked like losing the lead.

The win moves them ahead of Westfield and into third in the BetVictor Isthmian League South Central Division, as the race for the play-offs continues.

Elsewhere, Hillingdon Borough suffered a heavy 4-1 defeat to Enfield Borough, leaving them 16th in the table.

Kenneth Harriott scored Hillingdon’s goal, but a hat-trick from Frankie Chandler and a goal from  Malachi Peynado-Peart saw Enfield rack up a hefty win.