Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall believes his side's 29-22 comeback win away at Harlequins this weekend reflected their work rate.

Quins were winning 19-9 at the break following tries from Hugh Tizard, Cadan Murley and Tyrone Green, in response to three penalties from Alex Lozowski of Sarries.

However, a superb second-half performance from McCall's side saw Dom Morris cross the whitewash and Lozowski add two further penalties before a late match-winning try from Jackson Wray in the 77th minute.

The win means Saracens leapfrog reigning champions Harlequins in the table, moving up to second behind Leicester Tigers with a game in hand.

McCall said: "We weren't perfect in the second half but had much more energy, and I think the result is reflective of our work rate.

"We're delighted with the result, and it's something we can build on for the next game.

"To be three tries to nil, 19-9 down at half-time and not quite ourselves, to drag that back was pretty satisfying.

"We weren't perfect in that second half, but we just created a different energy, and when we had to, we fought and scrapped for everything.

"We just chipped away, and we're absolutely delighted."

Tizard scored the opener inside four minutes after some powerful running from the Quins attack but Sarries went in front after two Lozowski penalties.

Quins retook the lead when Murley showed outstanding strength and finishing ability to score in the corner but Lozowski's third of the afternoon kept Sarries within touching distance.

Quins pulled away before the break when Green got on the end of some outstanding attacking play but when the game restarted, Sarries scored through Morris.

Two more Lozowski penalties brought McCall’s men level before Wray finished in the corner to win the match.

"To score straight after half-time was really important, but we put ourselves under a bit of pressure afterwards,” added McCall.

"But that was where the game was won as we fought hard on our own try line and didn't give up any points.

"We learned our lessons at the breakdown for the last 20 minutes, having been penalised a fair amount beforehand, and that was absolutely vital."